Saturday 12 December 2009

Alicia Keys - The Element of Freedom

And the day came
When the risk it took
To remain tight and closed in the bud
Was more painful
Than the risk it took to grow.
This is the element of freedom.




I always liked her... but recently she's faded in and out of obscurity after releasing the first single from any campaign. Not sure what made me download this... but I'm so glad I did. It's really good.



Try Sleeping with a Broken Heart
'even if you were a million miles away
I can still feel you in my bed
near me, touch me, feel me.
And even at the bottom of the sea
I can still hear you in my head
near me, touch me, feel me.'

Un-thinkable
'A moment of honesty
Someone's gotta take the lead tonight
Whose it gonna be?
I'm gonna sit right here
And tell you all that comes to me
If you have something to say
You should say it right now
You give me a feeling that I never felt before
And I deserve it, I think I deserve it
It's becoming something that's impossible to ignore
And I can't take it'

Love is my Disease
'When you're gone it feel like
My whole world leaves with you
I though love would be my cure
But now it's my disease
I try to act mature, but I'm a baby when you leave.'

My Soul in a Small Black Box