Sunday 11 January 2009

Why I Unexpectedly Love The Fray

It's been brewing for quite a while, and I really don't know why.

I was so bored with their first album, it was silly.

And then I re-joined the club for a little with the live version of 'Look After You'.

Which is odd, because I had been told that they are crap live.
Well, YOU are crap live.

Their new stuff is the same old formula, but I don't care.
I am a shameless fan of The Fray.

Oh dear.

To help (and because it is a slow Sunday) I have made this handy FRAYCHART.




(1)
I hear 'How to Save a Life' for the first time on Dawn's (?!) Myspace.
It is quite good.

(2)
I manage to aquire the album.
Not sure how, because I sure as hell wasn't interested enough to buy it.
I quickly get tired because it is SO BLOODY BORING.

(3)
I ditch The Fray altogether after learning that the majority of their songs are about God.
And also not very exciting, still.

(4)
After a gradual resurgence thanks to the live 'Look After You' I decide I do actually quite like the album.
And it is not really that boring at all.
Apart from 'Vienna'.

(5)
Their new stuff is quite catchy!
And still God-related, but in a not-too-obvious-and-offputting way.
Which is trash, because it is exactly the same as the old stuff.
I am just less fickle, or more to the point, have worse taste in music.

:(

My Soul in a Small Black Box