Wednesday 10 December 2008

Johnny Foreigner - Waited Up Til It Was Light



Awesome awesome album.
Slowly getting the music taste back on track.
And in a complete circle of fate, Lewes Herriot does all their artwork.



Salt, Peppa & Spinderella
And at the point of taking you right outside
hanging suspended in the air
in the room where I used to stay
You'll find the time if you need it
2,500 miles apart but I never saw you clearer
We played for moments like this
Little sparks, little hits from someone else's garden
Hanging out of 15 storey windows never felt so relaxing
Bring out the real front.
Turn on the real drums.


Yes! You Talk Too Fast
And I'm a lost ghost stalking out grammar school corridors
(Oh, you'll never, oh oh you'll never)
Like the worst kind of habit
How you're only gonna get ignored
(Oh, you'll never, oh oh you'll never)
If I'm a car crash, then you're a car crash too
Like the worst kind of habit
How they're watching while we're at it


Hennings Favourite
I see the girls at your shows
They wear their battles in their hair
You spend too much time indoors shouting "Fake!" at the walls
I thought, I thought that wars were fought for this
I guess, I guess, I guess we lost
At least you know where you stand
So you raise your middle finger to the garage rock
Like zombies are crawling out over the top
How your girlfriend is convinced but you are not
Until the garage rock assimilates

My Soul in a Small Black Box