Saturday 27 December 2008

Beyoncé - Disappear



Glazed over on first listen, but really got to appreciate this (and the album as a whole, mostly) while I was away.

Shame she has to seperate herself into two halves so much for distinction, though.
The end result means some songs blur into one another purely because of this.



If I begged and if I cried
Would it change the sky tonight
Would it give me some light
Should I wait for you to call?
Is there any hope at all
Are you drifting by?

When I think about it
I know that I was never there
or even cared
The more I think about it
The less that I was able to share
with you
I try to reach you
I can almost feel you
You're nearly here
And then you disappear

And when I lie all by myself
I see your face, I hear your voice
My heart stays faithful
And time has come and time has passed
If its good it's got to last
It feels so right

I missed all the signs
One at a time
you weren't ready
What did I know?
Starting our lives
Now my love,
I'm ready to shine.

My Soul in a Small Black Box