Monday 18 August 2008

V Festival 2008



So here are the things I very much enjoyed over a muddy weekend in Stafford.

Saturday

Amy Winehouse
What a fucking mess. Enjoyable purely for watching her do a crab dance.

Girls Aloud
'They are better at being sexy than they are at singing' - Katie

The Verve
Sort of, listening from a canopy while it was bucketing down. Quite boring.

Lenny Kravitz
Surprisingly amazing. Cheered us up a treat.

The Zutons
Good for a dance. Showed up Winehouse with 'Valerie'.

The Chemical Brothers
A*. Very good lights, shame we were so knackered and not on drugs.

Gabriella Cilmi
Poor girl. Very enjoyable set, but got cut short by an angry stage man.

Goldie Lookin Chain
LOLZ.

Noah and the Whale
Lovely. Just lovely.


Sunday

Muse
Oh my goodness. Don't know where to begin. Am in awe of Matt Bellamy.

Stereophonics
Did what Stereophonics do. Passable.

The Kooks
Surprisingly good fun, may have to re-listen.

Lostprophets
Katie's choice. What a knob.

The Futureheads
Good, apart from having 'Hounds of Love' stuck in head for next 2 days.

Newton Faulkner
Ginger.

Duffy
Hurrah! Gave me a bizzare second win in the middle of the day. Rob and Katie not impressed.

Sugababes
Anger. Got there late, stupid woman dancing IN my face. Anger and sadness.

Will Young
Hot stuff, if a little bland. Good Mickey Mouse jumper.

Tokyo Police Club
Beyond average indie-by-numbers. Very listenable though.

Beth Rowley
Recruited as a fan, even though I was on my own. Maybe it was BECAUSE I was on my own.


Things I enjoyed on both days

Falafel

Dancing

The blow-up phone crab umbrella hat

Camping

Looking at the stars

Looking at Rob and Katie

Looking at people being silly in mud

The dare game

My Soul in a Small Black Box