Thursday 22 July 2010

American McGee's 'Alice: Madness Returns'







I have been a fan of American McGee for ages, but have unfortunately never played more than a short demo of the original 'Alice' game. I must get hold of it, because this looks brilliant.

The 'twisted Alice' theme has gone through the ringer of recent due to the Tim Burton re-imagining (which was really disappointing, to be fair) and 
so hopefully this will be a truer representation of what Lewis Caroll was getting at. There are so many underlying themes, and it's difficult to not notice them if you go along the lines of the Disney (or Burton) incarnations.

American McGee have obviously had to go some way with an artistic license here, but by the looks of it they have captured the darkness of Wonderland perfectly.

I've always had a fascination with Alice. This is right up my street.




My Soul in a Small Black Box