Tuesday 20 October 2009

Annie - Don't Stop


My twitter-review of the new Annie album.
On Ben's request.


1. Hey Annie - Very good. Lovely melody in the chorus. Don't like the chanting. 8/10.

2. My Love Is Better - Alright. Too Xenomania. Clearly an 'Out of Control' reject, seems a tad dated. 5/10.

3. Bad Times - This is quite nice. Pleasant all the way through, easy. The last minute or so is very very good. 6/10.

4. Don't Stop - Well funky! And a really cool unexpected echoey-synth breakdown. Grower, I feel. Tentative 6/10.

5. I Don't Like Your Band - AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING VERY GOOD AMAZING AMAZING. 9/10.

6. Songs Remind Me of You - Lyrically the best so far, and also the most instant. Reminds me of 'The Clothes Show'. 9/10.

7. Marie Cherie - You were right, I do like this. It's like a big tragic-romance film! Love the dramz! 8/10.

8. Take You Home - This is really brooding and moody. Like it a lot. And unshamedly slutty for Annie! 8/10 for whoryness.

9. The Breakfast Song - Sounds like it could literally be lifted out of an episode of 'High 5'. Therefore amazing. 6/10.

10. Loco - 'Long Hot Summer'?! Don't like it very much. Bit dated and done, again. No more Xeno ploise. 4/10.

11. When The Night - This is like a Phil Collins song! A really brilliant Phil Collins song! WIN. 6/10.

12. Heaven And Hell - A bit too saccharine for me, I feel. Also a bit of an odd point to end the album on? Not sure. 4/10.

'Anthonio' from the bonus EP is by far the best though.            

My Soul in a Small Black Box