Thursday 10 July 2008

Led To Sea - Your Ghost




The support act for Laura Viers, who I saw at the library last night.
The MOST interested and contented I've been at a gig in a long time.
Perhaps because I had wine.
Also really made me want to play the piano again.
Even though she was playing the viola...



Your ghost held me in it's arms last night
I was not scared to feel it's cold breath
I did not shrink away from it's cold hands
It sang so sweetly in my ear

'Don't go, stay until we join you
in your gloom
Don't go
We'll join you soon'

I'll take you up into the sky
You'll find it's very cold up high
My love will keep you warm and dry
You know that all things here must die

It's true, one way or another
They'll with you, die, too
One way or another, too
Please, just go

We'll forget
Soon

You know that all things here must die?
You know that all things here will die?

My Soul in a Small Black Box